Welcome to the Haidel region in the border triangle!
Here, you will find what you have been looking for: the freedom to relax and enjoy sports and culture. A place for people who want to escape the everyday rush and routine. You will find an atmosphere of tranquility, homeliness and well-being here! Enjoy the untouched natural surroundings, the quiet, the undisturbed view of meadows and forests, the scent of fresh flowers and clear, wild waters. And there's no need to feel bored: all kinds of sports and activity are fun here, too.
Leisure activities at the Youth Hostel
- Table tennis and crafts room
- 2 table football tables
- Beat cellar
- Basketball field on grass
- Football pitch, volleyball field
- Big playing green, barbecue area
- Open-air chess game and ping-pong table outdoors
- Low ropes garden on the premises
- You can ski (downhill and cross-country) and sledge on the Hostel grounds in Winter.
Leisure activities in the area
- Haidmühle indoor swimming pool
- Winter sports: downhill and cross-country skiing (500 m to the next ski lift, cross-country track leads directly past the Hostel - 80 km of prepared tracks), sledging.
- Summer activities: great hiking trails on and around Dreisesselberg mountain, climbing wall in Waldkirchen
Outings and excursions
- Kropfmühl graphite mine
- "Steinwelten" - visit a graphite mine
- Mauth glass blowing site and Weinfurtner glass blowing manufacture in Freyung
- Finsterau open-air museum
- Tittling museum village
- Gabreta celtic village
- Bavarian Forest national park, with animal enclosure
- Passau, city of three rivers, with boat tours on the Danube
- Czech Republic and the historic city of Krumau (by train from Haidmühle).